Country duo Sugarland’s singer, Jennifer Nettles, did not expect to find herself hospitalized before she performed at the Hammerstein Ballroom. The show was part of a Time Inc. presentation for advertisers, where they were pitching a segment for a new video series titled, ‘American Anthem’. As she made her way to the stage where she was supposed to perform, Nettles tripped over a huge lighting fixture. The singer fell off the stage.
According to witnesses, Jennifer Nettles was audibly crying, “I broke my rib”, as she lay on the concrete floor, clutching the side of her body, and writhing in pain.
People and Entertainment Weekly’s editorial director, Jess Cagle, had to end the presentation quickly after Jennifer Nettles’ fatal accident. He hurriedly carried her and took her to the back door. After her fall, Nettles was rushed to Bellevue Hospital via an ambulance. Meanwhile, fans, relatives, and friends were left speechless and extremely worried for the singer.
Later that day, Jennifer Nettles posted a series of updates on her Twitter account.
“First time in all my 20+ yrs of performing to fall off a stage!!! First time for everything!!! Thanks for the love”
At first, she expressed her gratefulness to all the people who assisted her, “Hi loves. Thanks for all your kind wishes. Broken rib and banged up, but grateful. Maybe slowly moving for a bit. But I’ll rally.”
She continued saying thank you to everyone who gave her words of encouragement and helped her.
“Thank you to everyone, first responders, EMT’s, and everyone at the hospital. Dr. Mordel and all the nurses. I am so grateful for you!”
Nettles even had the spirit to make a little joke and comparison about her fall.
“EMT: On a scale of 1-10 how bad does it hurt?
Me: It’s not having a baby, but it’s close.
Off to rest now.”
At present, Jennifer Nettles is on her way to her full recovery.
accident, Jennifer Nettles, rib, Sugarland
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star