Who would not know long-time gospel singer JD Sumner? More than having a big, bass voice, God has tremendously blessed him with a big heart overflowing with love. With this, we want to honor his memory by making one of his last recorded songs our highlight. Tissue alert!
The Lord Still Live in this Old House – JD Sumner
Video Courtesy: Gaither’s Group of Musicians
People close to or who knew JD Sumner attest that he was sick when he put “The Lord Still Live in this Old House” to record. You’ll find the tune included in one of his albums with the Stamps Quartet, “Let’s Have Church” first released in 1995.
JD Sumner: A Life Well Spent in the Lord’s Service
Old age and frailty of the human flesh were powerless to hinder JD Sumner from him singing of the Lord’s wondrous works. His featured track for this post best summarizes his life story.
Metaphorically, he’s the “old house” still in service for his Lord. He testified that God marked him as a dwelling place of glory from his youth. To his joy, God sees him the same even when all his hair’s turned gray, and his back started slouching. Sumner then concluded that still, his boast would only rest on God still living in him.
Exhorting the Old and a Mirror of Reflection to the Young
Plainly, “The Lord Still Live in this Old House” serves as a powerful encouragement to our seasoned folks. The rest of the world may see you as not worth much, but to God, you’re valuable.
As for the youths, learn from Mr. JD Sumner’s example. All the world’s pleasures are for an appointed time. Be wise and choose God’s pleasures instead.
Gaither Vocal Band, JD Sumner, Stamps Quartet
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?