Jamey Johnson, together with Lee Thomas Miller and James Otto came up with this nostalgic country song “In Color.” In a book, Nashville Songwriter: The Inside Stories Behind Country Music’s Greatest Hits by Jake Brown, one of the songwriters shared the story behind the making of this hit song.
The Making of “In Color”
The songwriter Miller said that he was telling a story to Johnson about an event he attended. The event was about Nashville in the 60’s, and he saw some black and white photos. Right then and there, Johnson knew that it was something that should be written down. They have also talked about their grandparents as they were writing the song, which then led to the song “In Color.”
The Song’s Content
“In Color” is a nostalgic country song that Johnson dedicate to his grandfather. The song is about an old man telling his grandson about the photos in black in white. He shared to his grandson the different stories behind each photo.
“If it looks like we were scared to death
Like a couple of kids just trying to save each other
You should’ve seen it in color.”
Jamey Johnson’s Recording
Johnson recorded the song in 2008. He included the song as part of his studio album That Lonesome Song. His single reached number eight on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Moreover, the song placed at number fifty-two on the Hot 100 chart. “In Color” is Johnson’s first and last song to enter the top ten of the country chart.
His album That Lonesome Song has reached number six on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Moreover, it reached number twenty-eight on the US Billboard 200. That Lonesome Song was Platinum-certified by RIAA.
Two songs from the album secured a position on the Chart, “In Color” and “High Cost of Living.” The latter reached number thirty-four on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Here is Jamey Johnson’s song “In Color.”
In Color, Jamey Johnson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce