Jake Owen is back with his nostalgic song “I Was Jack (You Were Diane).” This is his first song after a year, and this is the first single he released from his new recording house Big Loud Records. In addition, Owen has released the first single from his upcoming album.
“I Was Jack (You Were Diane)” from “Jack & Diane”
“I Was Jack (You Were Diane)” was inspired by the classic rock song of John Mellencamp, “Jack & Diane.” Before Owen planned on recording the song, he made sure that he will get Mellencamp’s permission before he released it. David Ray, Jody Stevens, Craig Wiseman, Tommy Cecil, and John Mellencamp wrote the song.
John Mellencamp’s Jack & Diane”
John Mellencamp released his song “Jack and Diane” in 1982, and this became his most popular song. The song was part of his album American Fool. John Mellencamp used to perform using the name John Cougar back then. “Jack and Diane” is a rock song written by John Mellencamp.
About the Song
Jake Owen’s song “I Was Jack (You Were Diane)” is a song about the narrator remembering his last relationship with his first love. He remembers how they were so in love with each other and he also remembers the one song they listen to all the time (which is John Mellencamp’s song “Jack and Diane”). The characters in the song used to think they were like Jack and Diane in Mellencamp’s song.
Owen’s released the song last March 2018, and it reached No. 7 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, “I Was Jack (You Were Diane)” made it to No. 1 on the Country Airplay chart. It landed at No. 43 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Short Film/Music Video
A 9-minute video was released for the song. The music video was directed by Justin Clough. It’s a love story in the 80’s about two teenagers in love with each other. However, the girl wants to leave the town as much as she can while the boy refuses to get out of there.
Watch the whole video and fall in love with Jake Owen’s song.
I was jack (You Were Diane), Jake Owen, john mellencamp
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”