The Song “I’ll Fly Away”
Joey and Rory Feek recorded one of the most recorded gospel songs in history, “I’ll Fly Away.” When listening to the song, it brings more peace and good feeling. The narrator focuses on seeing the good things that will happen after our life here on earth. Instead of fearing death and looking at it as the end to everything, the narrator sees it as the beginning. “I’ll Fly Away” brings more hope and positive outlook to death, instead of fearing death. Most of us do not look forward to the day we are going to die but actually, that is the day we are finally going to meet God and live a beautiful and peaceful life.
“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”” –John 11:25-26
In 1929, Albert E. Brumley wrote the song, and it was based on the song “The Prisoner’s Song.” Other songs that Brumley wrote were “Jesus, Hold My Hand,” “Turn Your Radio On,” and “This is Not My Home.”
In 2016, Joey and Rory released their gospel album Hymns that are Important to Us. The Album contained 13 gospel songs that the couple listened when they were young. They covered classical hymns on their album. The album performed well of the US Billboard charts. It peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart. Moreover, it reached No. 1 on the Billboard Christian Albums chart and No. 1 also on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
Here are the lists of songs on the Joey and Rory’s Album
- “Take My Hand, Precious Lord”
- “I Surrender All”
- “He Touched Me”
- “Softly and Tenderly”
- “Jesus Loves Me”
- “It Is Well with My Soul”
- “The Old Rugged Cross”
- “I Need Thee Every Hour”
- “How Great Thou Art”
- “I’ll Fly Away”
- “Jesus Paid It All”
- “When I’m Gone”
Listen to Joey and Rory’s version of the song “I’ll Fly Away.”
gospel, i'll fly away, jory + rory
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?