Indeed, no one is higher than Jesus. He is our creator and he is the highest of them all. Jesus gave us what we need and want. All the things that we possess, it’s all because of the Highest Almighty. Truly, we’d rather have Jesus than anything in the world. “I’d Rather Have Jesus,” tells us that there is no greater price nor dominant designation but only his Holy name.
We must surrender ourselves to Jesus as he made us who we are. Let us not choose wealth, fame, or vast domain over him. It is because he is still the greatest of them all. Not only the hymn states that Jesus is the highest, but it can also change the course of your life.
No matter how good your life is, Jesus must be the one we should depend on. Perhaps, some are undergoing desolation, but Jesus is there to uplift you. It’s just all in the hands of Jesus. He can make you a better person.
I’d Rather Have Jesus
“I’d Rather Have Jesus” is a song written by Rhea F. Miller. For Swedish sources, they attribute the original to Prince Oscar. On the other hand, it was a poem written in 1922 that was accompanied by the tune of George Beverly Shea.
Moreover, the poem was left on a piano in the Shea home by George’s mother. This is because she wanted her son to change the course of his life. George found the poem and was moved by the phrase “I’d Rather Have Jesus.” They then had a conversation about George’s aims and ambitions in life. George sat down at the piano and began singing the lyrics with a melody that fits every word. George’s mother requested him to sing it at the church.
The lesson to ponder on is that if George changed his life because of the hymn and Jesus, then so can we. We can alter the things that we have done, or we keep on doing them. Simply, hold on to Jesus and he will guide us all the way.
Alison Krauss, George Beverly Shea, i'd rather have jesus
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce