LeAnn Rimes, the country star who rose to fame at the age of 13, recorded the song “I Need You” in 1998. The song “I Need You” was recorded for her album Jesus: Music From Inspired by the Epic Mini-Series. It took two years before the song was released. Furthermore, her song was first released as a pop version, then on late 2000, the country version of this song was released. Dennis Matkosky and Ty Lacy wrote the song for LeAnn Rimes.
Chart Performance of “I Need You”
“I Need You” has entered a lot of charts on the Billboard and also outside of the US. “I Need You” peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2000. In addition, LeAnn’s song entered the Hot Country chart at No. 8 and No. 2 on the Adult Contemporary chart. It also entered the Adult Top 40 at No. 34. The song gained a lot of recognition, and it was even Gold-certified by RIAA.
The song was also used on the film All Dogs Go to Heaven in 1989.
The Two Meanings of the Song
LeAnn Rimes’ song is a Christian song that talks about how important God is in her life. She mentions that God is everything in her life. God turns out to be her water, her air, her freedom and her life. She doesn’t care if she has nothing in life as long as she has God by her side. Although the song didn’t mention God in its lyrics even once, it is still considered a Christian song.
Aside from being a Christian song, it can also be interpreted as a love song. It can be a person who is very much in love with someone that without them they cannot live. They turn the person they love into someone who is the most important thing in their life.
Whether you choose to see this song as a Christian song or a love song it doesn’t matter. What matters is the beautiful meaning of the song. Listen to LeAnn Rimes “I Need You.”
I Need You, LeAnn Rimes
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce