“I Just Called to Say I Love You”: Stevie Wonder
The ballad “I Just Called to Say I Love You” was originally written and performed by the one and only Stevie Wonder. In 1984, the song was part of his album The Woman in Red. The song has entered many charts in and outside the United States. “I Just Called to Say I Love You” peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts for 3 weeks in 1984, and remaining on the chart for a total of 26 weeks. Furthermore, it also peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Adult Contemporary chart for 3 weeks and spending a total of 22 weeks on the chart. This was Wonder’s best-selling and famous hit of all-time. Moreover, the song received an award at the Golden Globes for Best Original Song.
Jason Allen adopted the song into his album the Twilight Zone. The album was released in 2008 and it contained 12 tracks. Jason wrote or co-wrote most of the songs. The only one song that was a cover, “I Just Called to Say I Love You” by Stevie Wonder. Since it was an award-winning and chart-topping song, Allen adopted it. He turned the soulful R&B version into a country style.
“I Just Called to Say I Love You” is a heartbreaking ballad about a man calling his ex-lover and telling her that he is in love with her, or is still in love with her. In each part of the song the man clearly mentioned that he and his lover had already separated as he mentions things that will never happen. Furthermore, he said that they will never get married as they have already broken up. What a sad song it is indeed. It is really a challenge to forget the person you love, and it will never be that easy.
i just called to say i love you, jason allen, Stevie Wonder
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music