Leon Everette is the country singer from South Carolina who is known for his hit songs “Giving Up Easy,” “Hurricane,” and “Just Give Me What You Think Is Fair.” Today we are celebrating his birthday by remembering the songs he recorded in the past years when he was active as a singer.
During the War
Everette was born on June 21, 1948, therefore he is celebrating his 70th birthday today. He was born in Aiken, South Carolina. Leon Everette served on the Navy during the Vietnam War. While he was on duty, he joined a singing contest on the navy which he won. After he was discharged, he tried to pursue a career in singing. However, he didn’t immediately become a musician.
His First Top 10
The first album he recorded was a tribute album for Elvis Presley, Elvis Goodbye King of Rock and Roll, 1977. After his first album, he released some singles that entered the Billboard chart but was not a major hit. However, in 1980 Everette re-released his song “Giving Up Easy” from his album If I Keep On Going Crazy. “Giving Up Easy” made Everette for the first time obtained a spot on the top 10 of the Country chart. The song peaked at No. 5 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 1981.
His Top Charted Song, “Hurricane”
“Hurricane” was Leon Everette’s biggest hit song up until today. The song was written by Thom Schuyler, Keith Stegall, and Stewart Harris for Everette’s album Hurricane. In addition, his song peaked at the No. 4 spot on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 1981. Aside from his song “Hurricane” that was able to make it to the top 10 of the charts, his song “Midnight Rodeo” secured a position on the country chart. “Midnight Rodeo” peaked a No. 9 on the US Billboard Hot Country charts. Moreover, the song was also included on his album Hurricane.
From 1980 to 1984 most of Leon Everette’s song entered the top 10 or 20 of the Billboard chart. In 1988, Leon Everette decided to retire from the world of country music. Wherever Everette is, let us wish him a happy birthday today.
birthday, leon everette
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce