Hunter Hayes was just 19 years old when he became one of the hottest new stars in the country music. His musical skill, especially his singing talent attracted plenty of press attention and airplay. Little did we know, he began kicking the stage at four and he got his first album cut when he was only nine.
This time, Hunter Hayes talks about the life of being a young adult in his single “21.” The song, written by Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace, and Dallas Davidson, is from his third album, 21 EP.
A writer from Taste of Country observed that the song’s lyrics are more superficial and straightforward than those on his previous album, Storyline. The opening line of the song with a chant of “Nah Nah Nah” over a guitar riff made it sound like a Hunter Hayes’ personalized track. “21” is described to be a party song that you can dance along with.
Before the song’s release, Hayes has been posting twenty-one consecutive tweets containing only solid black images, citing the song’s title. The single was released to streaming services and to iTunes UK on May 21, 2015. Also, it immediately gained exposure on the radio.
It’s not about the age
The age of 21 is said to be the “carefree days” of one’s life. It is said to be the age where you maximize the energy of being a young adult. You go to a party, make a lot of fun with friends, spend your money on yourself, and so on and so forth. However, many would agree that your attitude towards life doesn’t depend on your age. I know people who are in their early twenties, and they are serious about working for the future already. Some are in their mid-thirties, yet they are still at the peak of you-only-live-once-moments. While some are starting a new career in their forties. My point is, everything in life happens according to our time. We all have different principles and preferences. And, all we have to do is making the most of our time rather than comparing ourselves to anybody else.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film