Who Would Imagine a King
In the season of the birth of Christ, Whitney Houston gives us a song about the birth of Jesus in a manger in her hit “Who Would Imagine a King.” Houston brings words to life directly from the scripture. It captures the Nativity, in a dream-like vibe that certainly makes the birth of Christ feel like a miracle on Earth. Her subtle vibratos throughout the song made it feel more special, as it vividly narrates the birth of Christ.
“Who Would Imagine a King” is a Christmas song that Mervin Warren and Hallerin Hill wrote. Originally, Houston recorded it for the soundtrack to the 1996 film “The Preacher’s Wife.” There had been two other versions of this, sung by Lotta Engberg and Katherine McPhee.
Listen to the amazing track here!
The Preacher’s Wife
The Preacher’s Wife is a fun movie that deals with family ties and divine intervention. Its parallels with real life are often mixed with humor and grace. It stars Denzel Washington and Whitney Houston.
The movie was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Music, Original Music or Comedy Score. Also, it was nominated for five Image Awards, including Outstanding Motion Picture and it bagged two awards. Houston won Best Actress, and Loretta Devine won Best Supporting Actress.
The Preacher’s Wife: Original Soundtrack Album is by far the best-selling gospel album of all time. During its prime, it remained at number one for a record-breaking total of twenty six weeks on the Billboard Top Gospel Albums Chart.
Besides the talents of Houston, the soundtrack also features the talents of Monica, Faith Evans, Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill. Moreover, Cissy Houston and Shirley Caesar were also featured in the soundtrack.
If you’re curious to see how great a move this is, go ahead and watch the trailer here!
Christmas, Christmas Gospel, gospel song, Whitney Houston, Who Would Imagine a King
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Meet The Sweet Lily Pearl Black, Clint Black’s Only Daughter
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Alan Jackson’s New Album ‘Where Have You Gone’ Is Almost Here and We’re Excited!
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!