How do you feel about death? Are you afraid of leaving this world you call home behind? Whether we like it or not, we are all going to die. It is the cycle of life that is given to us. However death is not the end, but most of us think that it is the end. Maybe because we will not be in this body we are in and death becomes a scary thing. However, we don’t have to fear death according to the Bible, because God is more powerful than death.
“I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.” –Revelation 1:18
Holly Dunn’s Underrated Song
Holly Dunn, Billy Joel, and Don Schiltz wrote a beautiful song about what we should think about death. “On the Wings of an Angel” is a gospel song included in Holly Dunn’s third studio album Across the Rio Grande. Only two songs in her album entered the Billboard chart, “That’s What Your Love Does to Me” and “(It’s Always Gonna Be) Someday.” The album placed at No. 26 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart in 1988. Despite not getting any recognition, her song “On the Wings of an Angel” is an inspiring and meaningful song that will make people rethink about what death is all about.
The Meaning of the Song
At the beginning of Holly Dunn’s song, she recognizes the hardship of life. She knows that life is full of pain and trials that can drag us down. Sometimes no matter how hard we try to run away from it, it will always be there. However, as you listen further, you’ll hear that despite all this hardship in life we have, God will help us. Our life here on earth is not forever we will soon join God in heaven. We will be lifted up by an angel, and soon we are the one who’s going to be an angel too. Holly also mentioned in her song that she doesn’t feel sad about living this place and people she loves because she knows she will see them soon in heaven.
“On the Wings of an Angel” is truly a song that will make us not fear death anymore. Life after death is much better than what we have in here.
gospel, holly dunn, On the WIngs of an Angel
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce