Forbes released its list of the 10 highest-paid country stars of 2018. Again, some recognizable names are once again in the mix.
For three years, from 2015-2017, Garth Brooks topped the list and took over the throne. However, this year, his reign was cut short with fellow star Luke Bryan taking over. Brooks comes in second followed by Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, and Blake Shelton in third to fifth place, respectively.
Earlier, Brooks together with wife Trisha Yearwood sold more than six million tickets on their North American tour. But this year, his $45.5 million haul is only good for the second spot.
Here’s the List of the 10 Highest-Paid Country Stars of 2018
- Luke Bryan, $52 million
- Garth Brooks, $45.5 million
- Kenny Chesney, $37 million
- Zac Brown Band, $31 million
- Blake Shelton, $28 million
- Florida Georgia Line, $27 million
- Jason Aldean, 23 million
- Toby Keith, $22 million
- Brad Paisley, $20 million
- Dolly Parton, $19 million
Coming from the third spot last year, Georgia native Luke Bryan topped the list with his $52-million income dethroning Brooks and placing him to no. 2. Bryan credits the majority of his earnings from his headlining tour which grossed seven figures a night. In addition, his part as a judge on American Idol and commercials with Chevrolet add to his incredible income.
On the other, Garth Brooks raked his $45.5 million mainly from his World Tour. Come third place is Kenny Chesney who has amassed $37 million thanks to his Trip Around the Sun Tour, Corona endorsements, and his own Blue Chair Rum.
In fourth place is the Zac Brown Band with $31 million. The amount was the income from their new album and extensive tour. Meanwhile, Oklahoma native Blake Shelton placed fifth with $28 million. His earning came mostly from his constant touring, coaching on The Voice, and endorsement deals Smithworks Vodka and Macy’s.
Completing the Top 10 are Florida Georgia Line ($27 million), Jason Aldean (23 million), Toby Keith ($22 million), Brad Paisley ($20 million) and Dolly Parton ($19 million).
In order to determine the list, Forbes keeps an eye at touring numbers based on the data from Pollstar, Bandsintown, Songkick, and record sales from Data. Moreover, Forbes conduct s independent research on outside business ventures and endorsement deals.
The presented incomes of these artists are estimates that represent pre-tax income from June 1, 2017, through June 1, 2018.
Here’s the List of the 5 Highest-Paid Country Stars of 2017
- Garth Brooks, $60 million
- Kenny Chesney, $42.5 million
- Luke Bryan, $42 million
- Dolly Parton, $37 million
- Toby Keith, $34.5 million
- Florida Georgia Line, $34.5 million
Any thoughts folks? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Dolly Parton, Florida Georgia Line, Forbes, Garth Brooks, Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Toby Keith, zac brown band
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?