Before Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty became a sensational country duo, they both have solo careers. Loretta has already made her name in country music. She released singles such as “Coal Miner’s Daughter,” “Woman of the World (Leave My World Alone),” and “Fist City” which were able to hit the top of the Billboard chart. Meanwhile, Twitty was beginning to shift his career from pop to country music. A year before he and Loretta began collaborating, Twitty released his biggest hit and signature song “Hello Darlin’.”
Conway Twitty’s “Hello Darlin’”
“Hello Darlin’” defined the career of Conway. It did not only give him his fourth number one song on the country chart, but his single was also inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999. The song became closely associated with Conway because of the tune’s intro. Instead of him singing the first line, Conway would instead say the opening words in his sexiest voice possible. Moreover, in all of his concerts, Conway performed this song.
Loretta Lynn’s Recording
On the same year when Conway released his single “Hello Darlin’,” Loretta decided to record the song for her album Coal Miner’s Daughter. Her version did not enter the Billboard chart, but her recording of Conway’s song is one of the best. You can feel the emotions of Loretta in this song.
Here’s Loretta Lynn’s cover of “Hello Darlin’.”
The Dynamic Duo
It was only in 1971 when Loretta and Conway first collaborated and earned their first song on the Billboard country chart. Since then, they have been releasing songs that entered the chart. The two also performed together all the time. One of their most unforgettable performances was when Conway sings his song for Loretta. Every time Conway says, “Hello darling’, Nice to see you” he looks at Loretta so dearly.
Here’s a video of Conway Twitty singing his song to Loretta Lynn.
conway twitty, hello darlin, Loretta Lynn
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce