“Sea of Heartbreak” is a famous song first recorded by the country singer Don Gibson in 1961. He recorded the song as a single that later on entered the Billboard chart. “Sea of Heartbreak” placed at No. 2 on the Hot Country Songs chart in 1961. In addition, Gibson’s version entered the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 21. Paul Hampton and Hal David wrote the song for Don Gibson.
His song became popular, and artists since then, started making their version of his song. Some artists who covered the song were Johnny Cash in 1996, Poco in 1982, Leo Sayer in 1983, Anne Murray in 2002 and finally Rosanne Cash in 2009.
Rosanne Cash and Bruce Springsteen Duet
Rosanne Cash recorded Don Gibson’s “Sea of Heartbreak” for her studio album The List. She collaborated with Bruce Springsteen for this song. They were nominated in 2010 for Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaborations with Vocals. Rosanne Cash’s version didn’t make to the Billboard chart. However, her album The List entered in different charts of the Billboard. The List made it to No. 2 on the US Billboard Americana/Folk Albums in 2009.
The List is a collection of songs that Rosanne Cash covered from artists like Hank Williams, Hank Snow, Lefty Frizzell, and Bob Dylan. Aside from collaborating with Bruce Springsteen, Rosanne also recorded with artists Elvis Costello, Jeff Tweedy, and Rufus Wainwright. The List peaked at No. 5 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
The Song’s Content
“Sea of Heartbreak” is a song that describes all about the feeling of being lost in your emotions. When someone’s heart is broken they feel different kinds of painful emotions such as loneliness, sadness, and more. The narrator describes the pain she felt and the memories she shared with her lover which haunts her every time she remembers him.
Bruce Springsteen, rosanne cash, Sea of Heartbreak
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage