Hank Williams, wow, he is just one of the biggest names in the country music industry. I mean he is an icon, an influencer and someone who can make records that can sell. He is incomparable to the rising country stars nowadays. Moreover, it’s just a waste that he had to leave too soon.
“The Man Behind the Hits”
Hiram King Williams commercially known as Hank Williams is regarded as one of the most influential singer-songwriters. Thus, he is one of the most successful artists of his time. He had 35 singles that reached the Billboard Country and Western Best Seller Chart. This is a remarkable moment for him, and it only means that he worked so hard for those. In addition, he was also included in the Country Music Hall of Fame, Songwriters Hall of Fame and Rock n’ Roll Hal of Fame. Wow, this man is really amazing, he had a lot of achievements in such a young age.
Hank Williams had a rough childhood, and he needed to work at an early age to help his family. Until, he met Rufus Payne, who taught him how to play the guitar. Williams then discovered his passion for singing and songwriting. With that said, he was often found in front of WSFA Radio Station’s street singing. Thus, his career began when he was invited to sing in the radio station live. Luckily, listeners of the show kept requesting for him; I guess they liked how he sounds.
“The Turning Point”
“I Saw the Light” was written by Hank Williams himself and it was released in 1948 as a Country Gospel. At first, the song received slow commercial success, but as time went by, it became popular. Actually, Williams made it his closing song/ act during his concerts. Other singers also have their version of the song.
Hank Williams remained an inspiration and a standard for today’s country artists. “I Saw the Light” was one of his legacies in the Country Music Industry since it became a standard for Country Gospel. The song is about enlightenment in knowing who the Lord is. For sure, many of us are still living in the darkness and trying to seek the light.
Country Gospel, hank williams, i saw the light
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce