All Hank Williams fans will surely be delighted after the beloved country crooner’s unreleased live recording of Jambalaya (On the Bayou) was among the classic country tracks featured in a massive new box set.
The set has 20 discs in total, a running time of over 25 hours, and a 224-page hardcover book. This magnificently large musical collection was created to pay tribute to both the newcomers and legends in the country music industry.
Hank Williams’ take on Jambalaya served as the highlight of the said collection. It is part of the 559 tracks that are mostly live performances, along with “as-live” transcriptions and in-studio recordings from over 150 other country artists like Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Johnny Horton, June Carter, and Jim Reeves, to name some.
Another fascinating detail about the collection is that the unreleased live performance of Hank Williams perfectly portrayed his unique vocal gift, and further exhibited how his talent make an artist that fits in both the classical and more modern versions of country music. In August 1949, he made his historic debut in Opry during the Louisiana Hayride radio show. He originally specified that he agreed to only do one song. However, if the audience will allow him, he would perform more songs and even return the following week once his appearance turns out to be a success. He promised to return for the audience and perform tracks that they would be delighted to hear.
And Hank Williams did make a comeback in October 1952. Sadly, around two months after his highly celebrated re-appearance, he met his demise due to years of drug and alcohol abuse. Had he lived longer, perhaps he would have more legendary live performances featured in many more country tribute collections to come.
To learn more about the 20-CD Collection, visit the official Bear Family Records website.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List