“ If things don’t go well with your plans, then let your momma’s Bible and a bus ticket bring you home.
Owing to the memory of him leaving his Oklahoma home, here’s Hank Grant, a local performer making rounds in Nashville. Here’s to hoping he’ll make it big soon.
A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home – Hank Grant
What’s in a Song
For parents, seeing your kids come of age and the prospect of parting with them soon can really be disconcerting. Still, you have to let them blaze their own trail to begin a life on their own. But before they bid you goodbye, you’ll want to send them your wise counsels to help them navigate their ways.
That’s what a mother did for her son in Collin Raye’s A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home. The Bible, she counsels, will keep her son on the right track. But if he’s unable to find fulfillment on the road he’s chosen, his parents will welcome him back home.
Written by Nashville’s favorite songsmiths Craig Michael Wiseman and James Dean Hicks, A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home was the 5th track in Collin Raye’s 1994 album, Extremes. The said album had four of Raye’s Top Ten hit singles namely “Man of My Word,” “If I Were You,” “My Kind of Girl” and “Little Rock.”
Raye successfully made Extremes lived up to its name as more than a million copies were sold. The album was Platinum certified and reached 12th on U.S Billboard Top Country Albums.
Other Notable Cover/s
In 1998, Southern Rock band Confederate Railroad included A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home on their album Keep On Rockin’.
Amazon.com /Confederate Railroad/ The band posing for their album cover.
We got your Classic, Contemporary and Country Gospel music and artists covered in our site! Want more great reads? Click one of the tags below or dig in our home page.
Collin Raye, Conferederate Railroad, Craig Michael Wiseman, Hank Grant
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait