“ If things don’t go well with your plans, then let your momma’s Bible and a bus ticket bring you home.
Owing to the memory of him leaving his Oklahoma home, here’s Hank Grant, a local performer making rounds in Nashville. Here’s to hoping he’ll make it big soon.
A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home – Hank Grant
What’s in a Song
For parents, seeing your kids come of age and the prospect of parting with them soon can really be disconcerting. Still, you have to let them blaze their own trail to begin a life on their own. But before they bid you goodbye, you’ll want to send them your wise counsels to help them navigate their ways.
That’s what a mother did for her son in Collin Raye’s A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home. The Bible, she counsels, will keep her son on the right track. But if he’s unable to find fulfillment on the road he’s chosen, his parents will welcome him back home.
Written by Nashville’s favorite songsmiths Craig Michael Wiseman and James Dean Hicks, A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home was the 5th track in Collin Raye’s 1994 album, Extremes. The said album had four of Raye’s Top Ten hit singles namely “Man of My Word,” “If I Were You,” “My Kind of Girl” and “Little Rock.”
Raye successfully made Extremes lived up to its name as more than a million copies were sold. The album was Platinum certified and reached 12th on U.S Billboard Top Country Albums.
Other Notable Cover/s
In 1998, Southern Rock band Confederate Railroad included A Bible and a Bus Ticket Home on their album Keep On Rockin’.
Amazon.com /Confederate Railroad/ The band posing for their album cover.
We got your Classic, Contemporary and Country Gospel music and artists covered in our site! Want more great reads? Click one of the tags below or dig in our home page.
Collin Raye, Conferederate Railroad, Craig Michael Wiseman, Hank Grant
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Luke Combs Expresses Regret Over His Past Use Of The Confederate Flag
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?