You can pretend as much as you can, but eventually, the truth will come rushing in. Sometimes we try to stay tough and tell people we don’t care about anything. We try to act as if being vulnerable is a weakness. But, we are only human, and no matter what we do, we feel pain and sadness too. That is why it’s sometimes better to feel what is hurting you than pretending to be fine.
“A Little Bitty Tear”
“A Little Bitty Tear” teaches us the lesson that as humans, we are vulnerable. The narrator of the song was certain that he can be strong even if his lover left him. He proudly says that it doesn’t bother him, but as soon as she walked away, he immediately felt the pain.
Till you walked with your grip through the door
A little bitty tear let me down
Spoiled my act as a clown
I had it made up not make a frown
But a little bitty tear let me down
Burl Ives’ Version
Hank Cochran wrote the song “A Little Bitty Tear” in 1961, but he wasn’t the first artist to record the song. Burl Ives took the song and recorded it. As a result, the song, which was part of his album The Versatile Burl Ives, secured a spot on the country and Hot 100 chart of the Billboard. It was Ives’ most successful song in his career. He had released other songs, but it was not as successful as “A Little Bitty Tear.”
Ives had not only made the song secure a spot on the US chart, but he was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Country and Western Recording, and Best Male Solo Vocal Performance.
Hank Cochran’s Inspiration
If you are as great as Cochran, you can write a song without any inspiration. He told Billboard magazine that “A Little Bitty Tear” just popped up in his head while driving home from work.
Burl Ives, Hank Cochran
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance