God is able. God is mighty. He is the alpha and omega. With God, nothing is impossible. These are only a few of the phrases we often say, hear, or read about God’s capability. The same thought can be found as well in many hymns or gospel songs. Perhaps, the hymn that puts much emphasis on God’s power in making things happen is the one called “It Is No Secret (What God Can Do).” And for us to be reminded with that, let’s look at the hymn’s history below.
Story Behind the Writing of the Song
Regarded as one of radio’s first “singing cowboys,” Stuart Hamblen wrote the hymn. He took inspiration from his own life-changing experience. Prior to this, he was known to be exhibiting destructive behavior that led him to jail many times.
Thanks to Billy Graham who was instrumental to this spiritual transformation in 1949. The late Graham attended Hamblen’s show and he invited him late to attend his crusade. He accepted the invitation and that further led to the eventual commitment of his life to Christ. This event became a widely-spread rumor throughout Hollywood. It reached Hamblen’s friend, John Wayne, who later contacted him to confirm the matter. Hamblen replied that it is no secret what God had done for him. He added that He could do the same for his friend. In response, Wayne urged Hamblen to turn those lines into a song. It’s good that he listened to his advice and that’s the birth of the hymn we know today, “It Is No Secret (What God Can Do).”
Folks, did this piece make your day? We would be glad to hear your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Likewise, please do not forget to hit the like button and share the inspiration with your friends and loved ones. Here on Country Thang Daily, we strive to bring you a daily dose of cutting-edge entertainment through country gospel music and their interesting stories.
Elvis Presley, It is No Secret (What God Can Do), Johnny Cash, Stuart Hamblen
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait