Rodney Crowell’s Version
Behind a great song is a great songwriter. If there is no one to write the perfect words then match it with music, then we will never know what good music is after all. “Heartbroke” is one of the popular country songs covered by various artists. In 1980 Rodney Crowell first recorded the song for his album But What Will the Neighbors Think. Crowell wasn’t able to make the song enter the Billboard charts when it was first released.
Ricky Skaggs’ and George Strait’s Versions
In 1982, another country singer with the name Ricky Skaggs tried to record “Heartbroke” for his fifth studio album Highways & Heartaches. Skaggs’ recording of this song became a hit. It peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. However, it was not only Skaggs’ who made a version of this song. A few weeks after Skaggs recorded the song, George Strait released a version of “Heartbroke” from his album Strait from the Heart. However, Strait’s version of the song did not make it to the charts, unlike that of Skaggs. Another artist who covered the song “Heartbroke” was The Marshall Tucker Band in 1982.
All of these artists recorded a version of the song. Some of them made it to the top of the charts, while for others it did not. But do you know who is behind this heartbreaking country song? Guy Clark is a singer who recorded 16 studio albums all throughout his career and wrote songs for many artists. Clark had established his career when he wrote the songs “Desperados Waiting for a Train” and “L.A. Freeway.” Clark wrote songs that many artists recorded that made him more recognizable. Some of these artists who recorded Clark’s song were Vince Gill (“Oklahoma Borderline”), Steve Wariner (“Baby I’m Yours”), Brad Paisley (“Out in the Parking Lot”) and many more.
Clark also recorded his song “Heartbroke” in 1982. It was included on his live album Keeper.
George Strait, guy clark, heartbroke, Ricky Skaggs
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce