OH M’GOSH… Dolly Parton just keeps doin’ it over and over and ALL OVER AGAIN! Yep, once again Dolly has broken another record—receiving accolades from (none other than) the Guinness Book of World Records!
“…these two world records makes me feel very humbled and blessed.”
Interviewed upon receiving the framed Certificates, Dolly says,
“To receive these two Guinness World Records is so great,” she said on receiving her framed certificates. “Joining so many wonderful singers and songwriters who have been honored this way feels so special to me. You never know when you start out with your work how it’s going to turn out, but to have these two world records makes me feel very humbled and blessed.”
“…Dolly deserves to keep on getting them awards and recognitions for her work.”
WELL, for sure, Dolly deserves to keep on getting them awards and recognitions for her work. For she truly is a great artist, not only as an excellent Country Musician but also for her many advocacies. One to note was her 1 Million Dollar Donation to a Children’s Hospital in Nashville.
“…Top 20 Hits across six consecutive decades (the 1960s–2010s)…”
DOLLY IS THE ONLY ARTIST with Top 20 Hits across six consecutive decades (the 1960s–2010s), beginning with “Something Fishy,” in 1967. George Jones came close to the record; he charted from the 1950s onwards but impacted the top 20 in just five of those seven decades. Dolly is credited with 74 Top 20 Hits, including her most recent, a new version of her 1974 classic “Jolene,” featuring Pentatonix, which debuted at No. 18 on the chart in 2016.
SPEAKING OF JOLENE, maybe this is a better time as any to listen and watch the latest version of this 1974 Classic…
SO THAT’S IT for now from Our Kind of Country and
“MAY THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS US ALL AND SET US FREE!”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage