Alright! Let us draw the line first. I grew up a Baptist Fundie so I basically know where I speak of in this issue. The first time I saw this edited video of Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill’s rendition of “How Great Thou Art”, I couldn’t help but groan with the creator’s graceless disparage of the character of people who he knew very little to nothing.
I don’t want to sound like I’m sermonizing as this is not the platform for it, but speaking as your fellow Christian, could we just agree to disagree that while we have different views on music, entertainment, dress codes, etc. , we are not to make it our business holding others to those standards.
I am not writing this because I have jumped on the bandwagon of those condemning what they perceived as legalism. I understand your zeal and I know where you are coming from with this type of reaction. Still, please try to see the bigger picture. The cause of Christ which we both know of is what’s more important than our methodologies of making it happen. Remember what Jesus himself said?
“That those who are sick need a doctor.”
Let us help Jesus in his work by not becoming another pulpit-pounding, Bible-thumping, shove-my religion-down-your-throat type of a Christian. Let us not also forget that if God can use rocks and donkeys to speak His will, then He surely can also use celebrities to get glory for Himself. So be humble and gracious still. Those people on the stage and below are not our enemies. They are like us who also needed a Saviour. That was the substance of Carrie Underwood singing the old but beloved hymn, “How Great Thou Art.”
“Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!“
As for the non-fundies, please do not make fun of them. Their being reactionary may be misplaced sometimes, but they’re not that close-minded.
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?