It is such a nice thing to have someone you can call in the middle of the night to how you feel. Someone who will not hesitate to help you and lend you anything you need without asking. It is a good thing to have a friend who will always be there by your side no matter what. And no matter how long you stay apart when you see each other you know you’ll always have each other’s back. That is true friendship.
“You’ve Got A Friend” Origin
Don Williams’ song “You’ve Got A Friend” is a heart-warming song that you can dedicate to your friends. This is to let your friends know that no matter what happens, you always got their back. “You’ve Got A Friend” was written by Carole King in 1971. King was the first one to record the song, however, James Taylor recorded a version of this song and it peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts for 1 week. Furthermore, it continued to stay on the chart for 14 weeks in 1971. King’s song is such a hit that many artists covered the song and try to add their own unique style. Some of the artists who covered the song were, Shania Twain, Dusty Springfield, and Roberta Flack and Hathaway.
Don Williams’ Version
Don Williams covered the song and it was sensational. His voice and the way he delivered the song is pure magic. Williams turned it into a country song and owned it. It was the No. 12 track on his album Borrowed Tales, which was released in 1995.
The Song’s Content
“You’ve Got a Friend” is a song best dedicated to a friend or can be to someone special. The song is basically about being there when your friend needs you. That you are willing to help them and support them in times of trouble. A lovely friendship song that when you listen to it, you would want to really be a good friend to someone.
Listen to Don Williams’ country version of the song “You’ve Got A Friend.”
Carole King, don williams, James Taylor, You've Got A Friend
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- 30 Of The Most Gorgeous Sunflower Fields You Can Visit In The United States