What lies ahead of us is a vast emptiness we cannot comprehend. We know that we do not know what is set for our future but we constantly make plans and think about it. We even reached the point of being afraid and being worried about our future, when the truth is we actually never know what is there for us. The only thing we can do is let go of all these and let God take care of it.
Ricky Skaggs Album
Ricky Skaggs brings comfort to our souls with his song “God Holds the Future in His Hands.” This is one of the songs on his album 14th studio album Solo (Songs My Dad Loved.) His album was released in September 2009 and was dedicated to his father who was a big influence on him as a child. The album was released under the Skaggs Family Recording studio. Solo (Songs My Dad Love) entered the Billboard chart at No. 39 on the Country chart. Moreover, it placed at No. 1 on the Billboard Bluegrass chart and No. 46 on the Independent chart of the Billboard.
In Skaggs’ album, he recorded songs that he learned from his father. Some songs on his album were from artists such as Fred Rose and Roy Acuff. He recorded traditional songs like “What is a Home Without Love,” “City That Lies Foursquare,” “Sinners, You Better Get Ready,” and “God Holds the Future in His Hands.”
The Song’s Content
This song speaks of fully trusting God and His plans. It is about letting go of the things that bother us about the future. In addition, we must let God take control of it. God always knows what is best for us. Therefore our future will not be something bad. The future that is waiting for us is something that will always be good.
Bill Monroe and the Bluegrass Quartet also performed the song “God Holds the Future in His Hands.” Furthermore, Bill Monroe mentioned The Monroe Brothers recorded this song in 1937.
bill monroe, God holds the future in His hand, gospel, ricky skagg
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce