Last Thursday, an extra special guest was in the town, Ashley Campbell. She was present for the launch of the annual Belfast Nashville Songwriters Festival.
Ashley Campbell is the daughter of the renowned Glen Campbell. Recently, she flew over to help start the event at the Clayton Hotel, Nashville.
Apparently, the 30-year-old Ashley is now entering the country music industry with the launch of her own album. Being very close to her father, she could bring additional honor and fame to the Campbell lineage.
Ashley Sings “Remembering”
Before stepping into the limelight, Ashley co-wrote “Remembering” as a tribute to her dad. This is a very emotional song that shares her early memories of her dad to his final years. “Remembering” was a tribute to Mr. Campbell as he battled Alzheimer’s until his last breath.
Soon, she will be the main act at the Panarts Belfast Nashville Songwriters Festival in Belfast. This will happen sometime March and we hope that she will pull it off. According to Ashley, she wrote the song to bring comfort not just to her but to her father. She also added that it does not always ease the pain.
On August 8, 2017, the day Mr. Campbell passed away, she released a photograph on Twitter. The touching photograph was of her arm intertwined with his father’s captioned by the words:
“Heartbroken. I owe him everything I am, and everything I ever will be. He will be remembered so well and with so much love”.
Going back to the festival in March, several artists are joining her to kick off the show. Una Healy, Kaz Hawkins, Texas songsmith Jarrod Dickenson and Hilltown’s Matt McGinn are some of the names. Apart from Ashley launching her album, Matt McGinn launches his new album at the festival.
This event will open on March 7 and end on March 11 at the Clayton Hotel. This is supported by the Arts Council, Arts & Business, Help Musicians NI, Downtown Radio, and Forestside.
If interested, you are all welcome to visit www.belfastnashville.com and buy tickets for the first 12 concerts. The tickets are also available at and from Dawsons Music on Royal Avenue, with more concerts to follow.
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Joe Diffie Songs That Turned Him Into An Icon To Many Country Fans