As many country music fans know, Glen Campbell was universally acknowledged as an exceptional guitarist. However, a few would recognize that the “Rhinestone Cowboy” singer could also put his hands on the bagpipes.
Interestingly, in January 2017, Campbell was proclaimed as the first-ever country music artist to receive the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Guitar Museum.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is given to those recognized for “contributing to the legacy of the guitar and having a singular historical importance to the development and historical appreciation of the instrument.”
More than an outstanding guitar player, Campbell’s instrumental intelligence goes far beyond the guitar. In fact, he could also play the banjo, an instrument which his daughter, Ashley, has fallen in love with.
Campbell’s Bagpipe Mastery
Aside from the guitar and banjo, many would not expect that the country music singer played, too, the bagpipes. The centuries-old instrument is one that the average person hardly hears except for when they listen to the Christian hymn, “Amazing Grace.”
In one of his performances, Campbell sang the classic gospel tune with the bagpipes on his shoulder and the mouthpiece between his lips. If that’s not impressive for you, we don’t know what is.
If you thought his singing was already amazing, wait for him until he plays those bagpipes. Chills will surely linger in you as you see him play those instruments.
Without a doubt, Campbell was one of country music’s finest artists. In case you need a proof, watch him perform the all-time gospel favorite “Amazing Grace” with his bagpipes on and it will surely blow you away.
amazing grace, bagpipes, glen campbell
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce