The Making of Adios
Glen Campbell was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2010. However, his condition did not stop him from going on his final tour and recording his final album Adios.
From 2012 to 2013, Glen recorded his final album Adios. He, his wife, and producer Carl Jackson carefully selected the songs that Glen would have to record for his album. They have selected songs that Glen loved to record but was not able to do it.
“We were talking about songs that Glen loved but never had the opportunity to record. And this idea just popped up”- Carl Jackson, USA Today
It was a challenge for both Carl and Glen during the recording session, because of Glen’s Alzheimer’s. However, he was able to finish the recording and he was still in tune.
The album contained songs that Glen Campbell loved from other artists.
- “Everybody’s Talkin’”
- “Just Like Always”
- “Funny How Time Slips Away”
- “Arkansas Farmboy”
- “Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me) – with Roger Miller
- “Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me) – with Vince Gill
- “It Won’t Bring Her Back”
- “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right”
- “She Thinks I Still Care”
- “Postcard From Paris”
- “A Thing Called Love”
Behind the Making of “Funny How Time Slips Away” and its Sad Story
Of all the songs Glen recorded for his last album Willie Nelson’s “Funny How Time Slips Away” stood out the most. Why? Because of the sad story behind the making of the song. When Glen finished the recording his producer gave his recording to Buddy Cannon, Willie Nelson’s producer. When Willie heard Glen’s song he agreed to record his part of the song but it was recorded separately. The sad part is when Glen was not able to hear the final recording of his song “Funny How Time Slips Away.”
Award and Chart Performance
Adios was released in 2017, two months before Glen died. His Album reached No. 7 on the Top Country Album chart. In addition, it entered the Billboard 200 at No. 40. His rendition of Willie Nelson’s song “Funny How Time Slips Away” made him won the CMA’s Vocal Event of the Year.
Listen to Glen Campbell and Willie Nelson as they sing “Funny How Time Slips Away.”
funny how time slips away, glen campbell
- Toby Keith and Wife Tricia Lucus: A Love Built On The Ground
- 7 Westerns Directed By Clint Eastwood That You Should Watch
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Children
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago