Is there a better way to begin your day than to pour your heart before the Lord in psalms and praises? That said, we picked “Give Me Jesus” for your morning meditation. The simple melody will not distract but keep you concentrated instead in your musings of its wordings. So go savor the moment!
“Give Me Jesus” by Lindsay and Brackin Kirkland
ABOUT THE SINGERS
These singing duo and the beautiful couple are the voices behind “Sounds Like Reign” albums. In their website, their stated mission is to draw people to Christ using their musical gifting. In the process, it is also their aim to inspire the ‘wandering mind to focus on the Creator and to walk in the light of His son Jesus.’ Hence, Brackin Kirkland and his wife Lindsay uses compelling words in their song narratives.
They are also open for sharing their lives online through vlog. Try to visit their YouTube channel sometime. Theirs is called, “Tiny Notes from Home.” They have a beautiful family and their kids were blessed to have them as parents.
ABOUT THE HYMN
Like most spirituals, the origin of “Give Me Jesus” could be traced back during the time of slavery among Afr0-American singers. Out of their hard labor and daily oppression, they have found solace in their songs. To ease their hardships from cruel slave masters, they sought refuge from a better and kind master in the person of Christ. Hence, the wordings speak of Jesus being given to them from daybreak to sundown.
The hymn has appeared on hymnals from the mid-1850’s to date. It is frequent set to either organ or piano arrangements. It could also be performed in choral or be done in acapella. Whichever you prefer, there is no denying “Give Me Jesus” is a welcome addition to your list of inspirational.
gospel, hymn, Lindsay and Brackin Kirkland
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family