“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?” Mark 8:36-37
As we all know, we own nothing in this world. Everything we have, including our life, belongs to God. Likewise, our time on earth is but temporary. The material wealth, happy family, good health, knowledge, fame and any possession we have will soon end. The sad truth is, we oftentimes forget about that. The moment we will depart from this world, none of us will carry any of those.
The Only Thing We Can Take With Us…
But while we are alive, it’s very important for us to acquire our salvation or damnation because this is what we will take with us. Salvation is for those who take up their faith in Jesus Christ. Those who submit themselves and obey His Words unconditionally are deserving of His grace. On the other hand, damnation is for those who refuse to heed His calling and His teachings.
Jesus did not force anyone to accept Him. Our decision must be a personal and spontaneous. The destination of our soul is in our hands since Jesus demands nothing else but to surrender ALL to Him in exchange for the salvation of our soul. Let this biblical verse then be one our daily devotion:
“Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near.” Isaiah 55:6
Likewise, here is an inspirational song we can listen to and ponder on while we still have time on earth.
Folks, did this piece inspire you? We would be pleased to know your thoughts on the comment box below. Also, please do not forget to hit the like button and share this with other fans of country music. And, for your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or like and follow our Facebook page Country Daily.
bill monroe, Doc Watson, soul
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?