Once upon a time, even Elvis Presley was just an up-and-coming artist striving to make a name for himself in the industry. His song “Mystery Train” helped him do just that.
One of a Kind Version
“Mystery Train” is a fascinating blend of country and rock that’s since become an enduring classic in both fields. It ultimately landed at number 77 on Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Blues musician Junior Parker wrote and recorded the first version of “Mystery Train”. Sun record label released it in 1953. Presley released his version of the song on Sun two years later. Presley’s version meant to use a country lead break and was placed the third most acclaimed song of 1955, by Acclaimed Music. This issue of the song peaked at number 11 on the national Billboard Country Chart. After these, there were tons of versions of the song. Now, it is considered to be a lasting classic. It was the first recording to make Elvis Presley a nationally known country music star.
Gill’s Tribute – Another One of a Kind
“Mystery Train” is always the first choice for those wanting to honor Elvis Presley. From time to time, Vince Gill performs the song as a way of paying tribute to “The King.” Some years ago, Gill joined renowned guitar players, James Burton and Albert Lee to play “Mystery Train” together. The tribute had all you could ever aspire to in a routine – smooth, clear and emphasized vocals from Gill, rich guitar solos, and amusing musical atmosphere. Almost looks like they’re having a flaring jamming session together. The country style in the song did not vanish. It was instead livelier and you would like to listen to it while you’re on a train going somewhere else.
These fellas really hit the beats!
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage