Oh girl, before the oozing leading men of Hollywood, there was once a George Strait who graced the big screen and won many hearts as he sang his way to jump-start his acting career.[like_button]
Pure Country, I Cross My Heart
‘I Cross My Heart’ was written by Steve Dorff and Eric Kaz for George Strait’s country album ‘Pure Country.’ It also served as the main soundtrack for his film of the same name.
When it was released, ‘I Cross My Heart’ was a massive success for Strait garnering the top spot for Billboard Hot Country Songs. It also defied territorial influence as ‘I Cross My heart’ also debuted number one on Canada Country Tracks.
The movie, ‘Pure Country Heart’ follows the story of Wyatt “Dusty” Chandler who is a rising country star that gave up fame and country music due to struggle on his identity as a country artist. He then became a ranch caretaker exchanging his celebrity status to a normal life. There, George Strait’s Dusty falls in love with the farm owner’s daughter, Harley played Isabel Glasser.
This last film scene was the scene where George Strait’s Dusty sang ‘I Cross My Heart’ ultimately winning over Harley’s heart. That eye contact was definitely long enough to melt anyone’s heart. We hear you, King George!
Watch this ‘I Cross My Heart’ scene here:[like_button]
I Cross My Heart (Lyrics)
Our love is unconditional
We knew it from the start
I can see it in your eyes
You can feel it from my heart
From here on after
Let’s stay the way we are right now
And share all the love and laughter
That a lifetime will allow.
I cross my heart
And promise to
Give all I’ve got to give
To make all your dreams come true
In all the world
You’ll never find
A love as true as mine
You will always be the miracle
That makes my life complete
And as long as there’s a breath in me
I’ll make yours just as sweet
As we look into the future
It’s as far as we can see
So let’s make each tomorrow
Be the best that it can be
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?