Released in May 1985, “The Fireman” was written by Mack Vickery and Wayne Kemp. This song was recorded by the king of country music, George Strait. It was the third and final single from his album Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind. It reached the No. 5 on the country music chart in the United States and No. 10 in Canada.
In the song, a narrator is a man with charm and wit. Those traits were all about cooling down any angry woman. He tends to go after women that have just been in fights with their significant other or have recently experienced a break-up. He also heads over to his friend’s place to “cool off” the friend’s woman with “a little mouth to mouth”.
Story of the Song “Does Fort Worth Cross Your Mind”
“All My Exes”
The king of country music has been putting out hit songs non-stop since the early 1980’s. He is now going into his fourth decade of doing what he is best at. George Strait has kept the same style and sound all the way. When you hear one of his classics from the 80’s, it takes you back to a great era. One song in particular from those time, “All My Exes”.
“All My Exes” was George Strait’s 19th single. It also became his eleventh number one single and the fourth of eleven number ones in a row! This song was included on his 1987 Ocean Front Property album. It was written by Lynda Shafer and Sanger D. Schafer.
The king’s performance in this video was just wonderful! ain’t it? Hearing this song truly brings you back from the era of great country music. George Strait proved the King of Country Music, since the beginning of his career, he kept his southern twang and never changed his style.
Did you enjoy his performance? Like this post, if you did. And, why not share this with your family and friends? God Bless Your Heart!
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?