George Strait’s 30th Studio Album “Honky Tonk Time Machine” is set to drop on the 29th of March and fans are so excited. It features 13 songs from the King. 12 originals, with 8 of them co-written by Strait and a dazzling cover of Johnny Paycheck’s “Old Violin.
The album also features a great duet with Willie Nelson. It is aptly titled “Sing One With Willie.” We already saw a snippet of them in action when they performed a duet in a tribute concert for the Country Outlaw.
Strait had some really enthusiastic statements about his new release. He exuded excitement when he talked about his album.
“I’m really excited to have some new music coming out. It’s been about two years since I’ve released a record. It was great writing with Bubba and Dean again and creating such a beautiful song with Bubba and Jeff Hyde. Also, it was a very special thing for me to be able to write and sing one with the legend Willie Nelson. I hope everyone enjoys listening to Honky Tonk Time Machine as much as I enjoyed making it.”
The First Track
Here’s one of the first tracks that debuted live during a show that he was doing in Las Vegas back in December. It was part of his Vegas residency entitled “Strait to Vegas.” Strait’s grandson, Harvey, is featured on one of his grandfather’s tracks. The track is entitled “God and Country Music.”
You can listen to it below!
George Strait – Honky Tonk Time Machine track listing:
- “Every Little Honky Tonk Bar” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
- “Two More Wishes” (Jim Lauderdale and Odie Blackmon)
- “Some Nights” (Bubba Strait, Brice Long and Phillip White)
- “God and Country Music” (with Harvey Strait) (Luke Laird, Barry Dean and Lori McKenna)
- “Blue Water” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
- “Sometimes Love” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
- “Código” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
- “Old Violin” (Johnny Paycheck)
- “Take Me Away” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
- “The Weight of the Badge” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon)
- “Honky Tonk Time Machine” (Bubba Strait, Brice Long and Bart Butler)
- “What Goes Up” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Jeff Hyde)
- “Sing One with Willie” (featuring Willie Nelson) (George Strait, Willie Nelson, Bubba Strait and Buddy Cannon)