How do we define living well? Does it mean having everything you want in life? Or do we often need someone to be with us to consider it living well?
In life, we can have the things we want, or we can work hard for it. Once we achieve these things, we begin to live a happy life. However, there comes a time in our life when even the things we always dream of cannot sustain us with a longer time of happiness. Therefore, we start to feel that something is missing.
We, humans, are designed to communicate and to be with others. As much as we want to think we can be happy being alone forever, it cannot happen. We need each other, not just in a romantic way. We need relationships and companions because we are made to love and share the love with other people.
“Living and Living Well” by George Strait
One proof that things only give us temporary happiness is George Strait’s single “Living and Living Well.” In 2002, Tony Martin, Mark Nesler, and Tom Shapiro wrote the song for Strait’s album The Road Less Traveled.
About the Song
In Strait’s song, he showed us the difference in living life alone versus living a life with someone you love. The narrator of the song first paints us the picture of his life. He tells us how happy he felt in his simple life and way of living. But he suddenly meets someone, and everything begins to change. He realized that after all this time, his life is missing something and that something is the woman he now spends his life with.
There’s a difference in
Living and living well
You can’t have it all
All by yourself
Something’s always missing
‘Til you share it with someone else
There’s a difference in living and living well
Chart Performance of the Song
The Road Less Traveled performed well on the charts too. It placed at number one on the Country Albums and number nine on the Billboard 200. He released three songs from his album, and two of which reached number one on the country chart.
George Strait, Living and Living Well, The Road Less Traveled
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance