George Strait certainly never disappoints us when it comes to love songs. His single “Check Yes or No” is a love story you can’t resist to listen to. The song will bring you back to your childhood memories, especially the time you met your first love. Childhood sweetheart kind of stories is always the best.
The Making and Chart Performance of “Check Yes or No”
Danny Wells and Dana Hunt Black penned one of Strait’s classic “Check Yes or No” in 1995. The song was part of Strait first compilation album Strait Out of the Box. When he released it as a single, it reached number one on the country chart. In addition, the song also topped the country charts in Canada.
Here’s the original version of the song.
Yes, no one does it better like Strait. We can all agree to that. However, that doesn’t mean that when a younger country singer covers a classic song, it is not good enough. Let’s take a look at Kane Brown‘s Cover of “Check Yes or No.”
Kane Brown’s Cover of a George Strait Classic
Brown was invited to perform a song on the CMA’s Forever Country Cover Series. He was asked to cover “Check Yes or No,” a single that won the 1996 CMA’s Song of the Year.
Brown did justice in his cover of the song. Yes, it’s not as perfect as Strait but, he sounds incredible. Furthermore, he doesn’t need much assistance or touch up for his voice to sound great. Way to go Brown!
All About the Song
“Check Yes or No” is a wonderful love song where the man stands at the narrator. He tells us the wonderful story of how he and his wife met. It began with a simple note that eventually led to a lifetime of joy together.
A love story like this is one that is nice to hear. They give us hope that despite what’s going on around us, there is still love like this that exists.
What do you think of Kane Brown’s version? Do you think it’s a good cover of “Check Yes or No?”
Check Yes Or No, George Strait, Kane Brown
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance