George Jones Left His Record Label
Today, we look back on Tammy Wynette and George Jones’ first album together. George and Tammy were married in 1969. However, they have never collaborated to make an album. The reason was that of George’s record label Musicor. However, Tammy still performs as a backup singer for George. George wanted to record an album with his wife. Therefore, he paid his record label to release him from his contract. He then joined Tammy Wynette on Epic records.
We Go Together
In 1971, the two worked together and released their first album known as We Go Together. Billy Sherrill produced the couple’s album. Most of the songs in there are about the blooming of romance or beginning of a relationship. Moreover, they have included a song by Jack Clement, “Just Someone I Used to Know.” “It’s So Sweet,” and “Never Grow Cold” was written by Tammy and George together. Their single “Take Me” was written by George Jones and Leon Payne. “Take Me” reached No. 8 on the US Billboard Hot Country chart. Besides, the song secured a spot on the Canadian chart.
Tammy Wynette and George Jones’ first album was a success. Their album reached No. 3 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums Chart. Furthermore, it also entered the Billboard 200 at No. 169. Their first album made them one of the best country duos.
- “We Go Together”
- “It’s So Sweet”
- “Something to Brag About”
- “Never Grow Cold”
- “You’re Everything”
- “Take Me”
- “Just Someone I Used to Know”
- “Living on Easy Street”
- “Lifetime Left Together”
- “When True Love Steps In”
- “After Closing Time”
The Content of the Song
“We Go Together” is the title track of their album. The song did not enter the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Moreover, Norro Wilson, Danny Walls, and Sammy Lyons wrote the song. The song is about two people in love and comparing their love with all things that go together.
“We go together like the storm and rain just like the fire that needs the flame
Just like the picture needs the frame we go together
We go together like the moon and June just like the fork needs the spoon
Just like the song that needs the tune we go together.”
George Jones, Tammy Wynette, We Go Together
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?