Loneliness is something we all experience in the different stages of our life. Even though we have a lot of friends and we have a family to talk to, we still feel like there is no one out there. But, despite all of this, there is actually someone we can talk to when we feel lonely. God is always ready to listen to all the things we feel and want to share. We only have to bow down our heads, open up our hearts and pray to God.
About “Cup of Loneliness”
“Cup of Loneliness” was written by George Jones and Burl Stephen for the album Country Church Time in 1959. The song was performed by George Jones as the track number 4 on the B side of his album. The album, however, didn’t make it to the top of the charts since Jones had added some songs to his album that were part of his previous gospel albums.
We may be mocked by people who do not understand us or think that whatever idea we have is crazy. Sometimes it comes to a point where we are left alone and we feel like no one will ever be there for us. It’s lonely and difficult to feel that way or to ever be in that position in life. But we can always trust and believe that God is always there for us. Always remember that Jesus went through what we are going through now. He was mocked and disrespected by the crowd, He was left alone. But Jesus never felt that His Father left His side. Therefore when you feel like no one is there for you and all you could see is darkness, just take a moment to close your eyes and pray to God. He always will be there.
cup of loneliness, George Jones, gospel
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?