“What a Friend We Have in Jesus” is one of the most covered Christian Gospel songs. There were versions from Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Ronnie Milsap, Glenn Campbell and many more. One of the best covers perhaps would be from the legendary George Jones. With this, let’s all listen to his interpretation.
George Jones might not here with us performing. Nevertheless, he left us songs to remember him by and one of his bests is his Christian Gospel compilation called “The Gospel Collection.” The album includes the best and greatest gospel songs of all time. These are “Amazing Grace,” “Precious Memories,” “In The Garden,” and many more.
What a Friend We Have in Jesus…
The hymn was a poem made into a song. “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” was written in 1855. Joseph M. Scriven wrote the words of the poem. Scriven wrote the poem for his longing mother. At that time, Scriven and his mother were living separately. Scriven was living in Canada while his mother was living in Ireland. With this, his mother was longing for his presence.
In 1868, Charles Crozat Converse arranged the melody that was precisely intertwined with every word. The poem turned into a song became then so famous all over the world. It is one of the most played from generation to generation.
Moreover, “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” was criticized due to its extreme sentimental gospel type. However, the popularity remained stable due to its in-depth message and meaning.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
George Jones, what a friend we have in jesus
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait