The Legendary Collaboration
More than two decades ago, two of the most promising icons from different genres stunned the music world with their unforgettable collaboration. Garth Brooks from Country and the metal group Kiss from rock & roll rendered a once-in-a-lifetime team up for the band’s critically acclaimed song “Hard Luck Woman.”
On July 13, 1994, the legendary rock & roll band invited Brooks to join them onstage during a segment of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. And, the country star’s reply was a simple “Hell ya.” During the show, Kiss did not wear their signature make up, allowing the audience to glance the unmasked faces of band members Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Bruce Kulick, and Eric Singer. Brooks, on the other hand, led the vocals with his southern twangy glory. You can just imagine a crowd going crazy over the one of a kind performance.
“Hard Luck Woman” was a single off the band’s tribute album, Kiss My Ass: Classic Kiss Regrooved. Brooks’ acoustic ballad cover of the song was one of the best tracks in the album. Further, the album set off from the conventional structure and tried a new theme. They brought together artists from different genres that would cover their songs. Featured artists include Lenny Kravitz, Lemonheads, Stevie Wonder, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Extreme and Garth Brooks himself.
Brooks: The Best Choice
The original studio version of “Hard Luck Women” was recorded in 1976. The single is off Kiss’ album Rock and Roll Over. Brooks was definitely the best choice for the song’s cover with his distinctive voice, adding that he was on the peak of his career, having collected four CMA awards for “Entertainer of the Year.” Also, his multi-platinum album In Pieces was ragingly climbing up the charts that same time.
Fasten your seat belt and get ready to watch Kiss and Garth Brook’s rocking performance of “Hard Luck Woman.” Have a great day, fella!
Garth Brooks, Hard Luck Woman, KISS
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait