God never gives us something we do not deserve. He always showers us with love and blessings. Sometimes, we receive his beatifications in unexpected ways. Nevertheless, we should be thankful because he moves in mysterious ways. In perfect time. To be reminded of the blessings that God tosses us, listen to “Blessed Assurance,” the live and soulful interpretation of Gloria and Bill Gaither.
In times of sorrow, pain, and anxiety God is the one we can depend on. He will surely mend our broken hearts and souls. For us, we all need to do is communicate with God. However good or bad, we need to talk to him through prayers. It is the simplest way to get closer to Him.
Fanny Crosby wrote the words and lyrics of “Blessed Assurance.” It was written back in 1973. On the other hand, Phoebe Knapp arranged the music of the hymn. Back then, Crosby and Knapp were close friends.
Back in time, Crosby visited her friend Knapp. At that time, Knapp was having a large pipe installed into her organ. The organ was incomplete so Knapp, using the piano, she played the new melody she just composed. Knapp asked her friend Crosby what she thinks of the tune. Crosby just replied, “Blessed Assurance:” Jesus Is Mine.” Then, they started writing the words and lyrics of “Blessed Assurance.” The hymn changed both lives of the two women.
With all the blessings and love God have showered us, let us not forget to thank the highest almighty. He is our creator. With this, he deserves our praise and gratitude.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Bill Gaither, Blessed Assurance, Gloria Gaither
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce