The Fourth Man in the Fire
Do you remember the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? Here is a brief story about three men who stood by their belief that God will save them. When King Nebuchadnezzar commanded everyone to bow down to the image of gold he created, the three Jews refused his command. Therefore, he threw them into a blazing fire that is exceedingly hot. The three were not afraid of King Nebuchadnezzar rather, they stayed faithful to God. And when they were in the fire, King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished that there were four men in the fire and he recognized the fourth man to be the Son of God. When the three men walked out of the fire, they were unharmed. Therefore, King Nebuchadnezzar commanded that the Son of God be praised.
The story of the three men tells us that if we trust in God, it doesn’t matter what people will say or do to us, because God will help us. He will protect us from harm. God will always save and be kind to His children.
“Do not be afraid—I will save you. I have called you by name—you are mine. When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you; your troubles will not overwhelm you. When you pass through fire, you will not be burned; the hard trials that come will not hurt you. For I am the Lord your God, the holy God of Israel, who saves you.” Isaiah 43: 1-3
“Fourth Man” By The Statler Brothers
A song was written about this story in the Bible. “Fourth Man” was written by Arthur Smith and performed by the Statler Brothers in 1979. The song was included in the Statler Brothers album Holy Bible/Old & New Testaments. The album contained 23 tracks, some of which are traditional songs, such as “The Lord’s Prayer” and “How Great Thou Art.”
fourth man, statler brothers
- When Randy Travis Paid Highest Tribute to George Jones
- Josh Turner Honors Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen Cover
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Meet Summer Duncan, Jon Pardi’s Girlfriend and Bride To Be
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?