Indeed, “In the Sweet By and By” is one of the most popular Christian Gospel songs of all time. It has been covered many times by various artists. They were Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Glenn Campbell, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Kenny Rogers, and many more. They all have a different approach to the hymn. Nevertheless, the meaning and the message was retained. On the other hand, another group called Fountainview Academy covered the gospel. A different method among others, their cover is genuinely heart melting and enthralling.
Fountainview Academy made their rendition part of their project “God So Loved the World.” Their primary focus is to provide us Christian Gospel hymns now and then. Also, through their songs, they would like to enlighten us more about God and bring us closer to Him.
In the Sweet By and By…
Fillmore Bennett wrote the words and lyrics of “In the Sweet By and By.” On the other hand, Joseph P. Webster created the music, the melody, and harmony. It was primarily released in 1868. It was then being played over and over again up to these days.
Way back, Webster visited Bennet in his office. He went there in an office hour without speaking to Bennet. Bennet, on the other hand, asked:
“Webster, what is the matter now?” “It’s no matter,” he replied, “it will be all right by and by.”
Then, Bennet thought of a hymn and wrote about it. He handed the sheet to Webster and began writing the notes. Afterward, Webster grabbed his violin and started patching the melody into the lyrics. In less than thirty minutes, Bennet, Webster, and two of his friends were singing the song already.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Fountainview Academy, In The Sweet By And By, Johnny Cash
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!