It’s not an easy task to make thirty people agree to do something together but I think that if we are talking about thirty acts or a total of forty-five artists to create a great song is a totally different story.
“Forever Country” is an incredible mash-up of three songs including “Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver, “On the Road Again” by Willie Nelson and “I Will Always Love You” by Dolly Parton. Shane McAnally is the master behind this idea. Believe it or not, Blake Shelton thought this won’t work saying, “There’s no way these songs are going to work together.”
Joseph Khan directed the video and he also pitching the idea of a mash-up to McAnally. Both of them shared how it all came together in a recent private viewing of the music video. “He proposed the idea of a mash-up. We felt pretty strongly about not messing with any of the stories of the country music. How do you chop up a country song that tells these stories? Every line matter,” McAnally said.
“All the harmonies and chords fit together so well and it actually told a story and had a great emotional payoff,” Kahn said after the viewing. The room was filled with the industry insiders that included Karen Fairchild and Randy Travis. “It was basically a movie he wrote and I had to put visuals to it.”
It took more than three days to shoot video in Nashville against a green screen. In the video, Reba builds the Ryman Auditorium, Vince Gill, and Carrie Underwood takes us to the stage of the CMA Awards and in the end, all of the thirty artists end together in a field full of country music montage while Dolly Parton sings her iconic song “I Will Always Love You.”
I definitely enjoyed this music video, so I hope you do too.
best country singers, forever country, mashup
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend