Juggle your memory and try to remember your first meeting with Alan Jackson. Bet most would be through his concerts. Yet for a die-hard fan of AJ, this rare video was found, much to our own delight!
Even as a staff writer working in the mail room at The Nashville Network, Alan Jackson noticeably had it back then. He was not even among the contestants in that show “You Can Be A Star,” but was just filling in for a commercial break. Five years later, he had become one of our legends.
The footage was taken sometime in 1986 where anyone from the audience could be picked to perform. Back then, he was a regular bloke and funny how the host addressed him as Al. Whadd’ya say folks? Does the pet name give him justice?
Regardless, I love how through the years, Alan had not let fame and wealth get into his head. One notable instance was during the CMA Awards in 1999. He cut short his performance of ‘Pop Atop’ just so he could play “Choices” in honor of George Jones. Guessed we are all familiar with the buzz story behind it aren’t we? For Alan’s take on it, you might want to watch the interview below.
Our Man, Alan Jackson
Same goes with his songs. Alluring love songs aside, we can follow that most of his early songs have one theme. That is of keeping your feet on the ground and the satisfying simplicity of a commoner’s life. We can hear that from “Small Town Southern Man,” “Little Bitty,” “Sissy’s Song,” “Little Man,” and “Country Boy.” Shouldn’t that be the same of our Country Music? That the only concept needed for a song to be patronized is the voice and the heart of the singer?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend