Are you afraid to die, folks? This is a question that most people would answer yes. Death is something scary because we see it as the end of everything. Why do we think that it is the end? No one has died and come back to tell us what or how it feels like to be dead. That is why death is a common fear among all of us. However, for some people, death is just the beginning. It is something that will lead us to a better life than what we have here. However, there is a condition before we can achieve a wonderful life after death. What is it then?
In order to overcome death, we must only believe in God. We must confess our sins to Him and let Him take control of our lives. Believing in God and Jesus as our Savior will save us from our fear of death. Yes, we will all die, but we will go to a place called heaven. In heaven, there is no more death, no more pain, and no more sadness. Therefore, while you can, repent and draw closer to the Lord.
“The last enemy that will be abolished is death.” -1 Corinthians 15:26
“Are You Afraid to Die?” by Ricky Skaggs
A song from Ricky Skaggs “Are You Afraid to Die?” was written by Charlie Louvin, Ira Louvin, and Eddie Hill. Ricky Skaggs recorded the song with Kentucky Thunder for his album Soldier of the Cross in 1999. In his album, Skaggs recorded some traditional gospel songs such as “Lead Me to the Rock,” “Jacob’s Vision,” and “Were You There?”
All About the Song
The song is all about repenting from our sins and believing in God. Skaggs begins by asking if we are afraid to die? And as you listen further, you can notice that Skaggs is telling us what to do to overcome death and to get over the fear of dying. He said that while we can, we must call upon the Lord because we will never know if we will be here tomorrow.
are you afraid to die, gospel, Ricky Skaggs
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait