Do you still remember the notable lyrics to Trace Adkins’ hit songs, Big Time, Brown Chicken, Brown Cow, and The Rest of Mine? How about Jeff Bates’ The Love Song or Aaron Tippin’s Where the Stars and Stripes and Eagle Fly? Surely, Tracy Lawrence’s Is That A Tear, As Any Fool Can See, If The World Had A Front Porch, and My Second Home still ring a bell in your hearts and minds.[like_button]
If you are wondering why you are being bombarded with various country songs all of a sudden, this is because the aforementioned tracks were penned by one of country music’s most talented songwriters—the late Kenny Beard.
Kenny Beard, or more affectionately referred to as KB, hails from Louisiana but moved to Nashville in 1986 to fulfill his ambition of becoming a professional and renowned songwriter. He became a prominent writer of amazing music on Music Row. Aside from songwriting, Kenny Beard injected his musical talent in record producing along with working as a music manager as well.
Sadly, on Oct. 1, 2017, he died of natural causes.
KB is remembered by his family, friends, and colleagues as a “loving husband, devoted father, accomplished songwriter, unlicensed therapist to many, music manager, record producer, friend, and ‘Yoda’ to most.” Having made so many good friends in the industry, he was obviously not only endeared to the people around him by his works. He was a genuine person who naturally drew people to him through his caring and warm nature. He had lived his life to the fullest, dedicating every day to a loving God, his family, and his friends.
A visitation at Sellars Funeral Home in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee was held last Oct. 5, Thursday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and another the following day from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The funeral service followed suit at 11 a.m. Kenny Beard’s family also requested that visitors send donations to Campus Outreach Knoxville instead, as opposed to the traditional giving of flowers to the departed.
country artists, Kenny Beard
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?