“I Fall to Pieces” is an iconic country song released by Patsy Cline in 1961. The heartbreaking song made its way to number one on the country charts. In addition, it reached number twelve on the Hot 100 chart. This became Patsy Cline’s first number one on the chart.
“I Fall to Pieces,” Before Patsy Cline
Before Patsy got to record the song, it was first offered to other artists. Hank Cochran and Harlan Howard, the songwriters, first presented the song to Brenda Lee, but she refused to record it. After Lee, Roy Drusky was next. Drusky refused to record the song because he thinks that the song is best recorded by a female artist.
Artists Who Covered the Song
“I Fall to Pieces” has been recorded countless times. Some of these artists who have covered Patsy’s song were Faron Young, Ferlin Husky, Patti Page, Eddy Arnold, Loretta Lynn, Linda Ronstadt, Trisha Yearwood, and many more.
Trisha Yearwood and Aaron Neville’s Rendition
Trisha Yearwood’s rendition of “I Fall to Piece” is something you should give time to listen. In her version, she collaborated with R&B vocalist, Aaron Neville, in 1994. They fused country and R&B style as they performed the song. Their recording became part of the album Rhythm, Country, and Blue.
Rhythm, Country, and Blue is a combination of country and R&B. Twenty-two artists were invited to make this album.
These are the artists involved in the making of the album.
- Vince Gill and Gladys Knight
- Al Green and Lyle Lovett
- Aaron Neville and Trisha Yearwood
- Little Richard and Tanya Tucker
- Patti LaBelle and Travis Tritt
- Sam Moore and Conway Twitty
- Clint Black and The Pointer Sisters
- Natalie Cole and Reba McEntire
- Chet Atkins and Allen Toussaint
- The Staple Singers and Marty Stuart
- George Jones and B.B. King
We hope you enjoy this new version of Patsy Cline’s “I Fall to Pieces.”
i fall to pieces, Patsy Cline, trisha yearwood
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?