When you hear the name ‘Patsy Cline’, you immediately think of classic country music. She is well thought of as one of the significant artists in country music history. To this day, Cline remains well-regarded by classic country fans all over the world. One of her signature songs is ‘Crazy’, penned by Willie Nelson. Also, one of her biggest hits is ‘I Fall to Pieces’. This song has played a huge role in outlining country music. A song that encouraged other artists to pursue following her path. Naming for one, country artists such as Lorrie Morgan.
Lorrie Morgan Singing as Patsy Cline
While Morgan certainly falls on the old-style end of the field, her love for classic country is strong. It won’t take you far to find her covers of Patsy Cline’s classic hits. Morgan was a dedicated singer on the show ‘Nashville Now’, which aired from 1983-1993. It was during the early years of her career. In the video below, we can hear her sing ‘I Fall to Pieces’.
Would you agree with me if I say her talent was undeniable? There’s absolutely no doubt why Morgan was a series regular on Nashville Now. Most often, when artists cover an old song, they unconsciously change it up too much. Lorrie Morgan’s secret? She followed the Patsy Cline original as close as possible. She, then, finished singing ‘I Fall to Pieces’ a better cover. Surely, she earned the admiration from her fans. This is a proof that Morgan is an expert at singing Cline’s songs just as she sang them. While her own voice and character clearly came through, the whole performance persisted just as Cline’s style.
If you miss good classic country music, then you’ll sure enjoy Morgan’s version of ‘I Fall to Pieces’. Visit us always at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ to hear more country classic covers.
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music