Even if we are going through difficult challenges in life or just having a simple day, God is faithful. He doesn’t appear or lend us help only when we are in need. He is with us every day, and no matter what situation we are in, He will always be faithful to us. God’s faithfulness was praised in the book of Lamentations.
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
“Great Is Thy Faithfulness” Story
The book Lamentations served as an inspiration for the poet Thomas O. Chisholm. He wrote the popular hymn “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” not when he was in trouble but during an ordinary day. The words of Chisholm was written in 1923 and was set to music by William Runyan. The popularity of the song made various artists to cover the song. One of the artists who included this hymn in his new album was Josh Turner.
I Serve A Savior, Josh Turner’s New Album
Last year, Turner released his very first all-gospel album, I Serve A Savior. His album contained old gospel songs and some originals. He covered the traditional hymns “Great Is Your Faithfulness,” “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot,” “How Great Thou Art,” and “Amazing Grace.” Furthermore, Turner included in his album a new live recording of his songs “Long Black Train” and “Me and God.” In his album, he collaborated with other artists such as Sonya Isaacs, Bobby Osborne, and his family.
Josh Turner’s Rendition
His rendition of “Great Is Your Faithfulness” was purely emotional and heartwarming. It was a beautiful cover accompanied by instruments that didn’t overpower Turner’s voice. Therefore, every word of the song becomes clear and meaningful.
About the Song
“Great Is Your Faithfulness” or “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” is a song that shows the greatness of God in our life. It praises God in everything He does for us, and His miracles that He showers upon us every day.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- Faith Hill and Daughter Maggie Shows Off Their Moves On A Viral TikTok Video
- 5 Fun Facts About Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s Kids You Should Know
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Intense Singing of “Cry Pretty” by 12-Year-Old Ansley Burns Wows Carrie Underwood
- Faith Hill’s Daughter Maggie and The Country Singer Has Uncanny Resemblance